It doesn't matter what I'm writing about, there is always a story to tell, and this blog post is no different.
A couple of months ago I was on a call with my fabulous business coach. We were having a conversation about a pretty huge speaking opportunity I had coming up in Palm Springs, CA (Alt Summit). The conversation was about leveraging the opportunity to get the best possible result. We explored a few options and she suggested that I offer a quiz that lead to a new personal branding program offering I'm making available.
Eureka! That was a fantastic idea!
I've seen the use of taking a brand quiz as a way to grow your email list and offer your website visitor what I like to call a "quick win" by leveraging the quiz to provide engaging and actionable feedback.
What was next?
Now I had to do some research to find a quiz generator that would be a good fit, however, I was running out of time. I had lots of preparation in conjunction with the upcoming trip to Palm Springs, but I had a few other pressing obligations, as well. As much I wanted to get this quiz up and running in time for my upcoming speaking engagement it was too much pressure.
I found a few quiz generators, but I didn't have the time needed to dig into them and figure out which one would be the best fit for my brand, in addition to the amount of time it would take to create the quiz content, test and implement all the other components of getting the quiz launched in time. For the sake of time and energy, I went with the path of least resistance. I already use text message marketing and decided to go that route this time.
My husband and I have a saying in our house. "Nothing happens to you. Everything happens for you."
About a week or so before heading to Palm Springs to speak for the first time at a major conference for creative bloggers and influencers, I received an inbox to my Facebook business page. It was an opportunity to try an incredible quiz generator called Interact.
Right here I could get into all the amazingness of what happens when you speak things into existence, but I'll save that for now. But you can certainly do a happy dance because I was pretty blown away how this tool basically showed up in my inbox!
Now the work begins.
Because I am pretty meticulous, I first brainstormed and mapped out the quiz I wanted to create, on paper. It had to make sense in my head before creating it using the Interact platform. Interact has fantastic resources which helped me to be both concise and creative while thinking through this interactive personal branding quiz.
There are three quiz type options: assessment, personality and scored. I decided to create a personality quiz based on well-known icons. I'm not going to spill the beans. The full quiz will be available in a few more days, but here's what the first part looks like.
You may be wondering, what's the benefits of inviting your ideal audience to take a quiz?
The top 3 benefits:
1. Better lead generation - A quiz can be used to consistently grow your list of email leads
2. Deeper engagement - Offering a quiz is a fun way to engage your ideal audience in addition to gaining insight into their mindset
3. Trackable conversions - Using the Interact tool allows you to track your conversion rate to give you a glimpse into what's working and what's not
Ready to create your own quiz?
Client attracting quiz creating tips you can use.
1. Give your quiz a branded name (of course I would say that!)
2. Be sure to choose the right type of quiz for your audience. This means you should be clear about your end game before choosing if you want an assessment, personality or scored quiz.
3. Add personality to your quiz. This is where your brand vibe comes into play with the use of words and images. Not sure about your brand vibe? Let's chat!
4. Use the quiz to build your email list, but also be sure to include tags to help segment quiz takers into the right groups. This helps with providing relevant additional content and product/service offerings based on their interests.
5. Share. Share. Share. Get your quiz in front of the right people. Use your existing email list. Share on your most active social media platforms. Don't just share it once. Share. Share. Share.
Create your own quiz for FREE. Then lets share notes on the results we're racking up by using this savvy tool to grow, engage and track all the fun that's happening on our websites.
Since I often recommend some really cool tools with amazing people like you, from time to time my content may contain affiliate links for products I use and love. If you decide to enroll, sign up, subscribe, etc. this girl will earn some smoothie money which I promise to drink while creating fab blog content.